Privileged Security is indispensable for MSP environment
Today, organizations are managing their IT infrastructure with an increased number of challenges. They have to monitor too many privileged accounts in the vast IT network and manage the security of a huge stream of data. Thus, organizations find Managed Service Providers (MSPs) as better alternatives to handle this massive task of ensuring enterprise IT administration efficiently. Hence the demand for Managed Service Providers has shot up significantly in recent times.
Typically, organizations decide to migrate IT operations to the MSP environment to ensure business continuity with better management of data and when they have less manpower to manage the IT processes and tasks. However, MSP is a third party environment and if the vendor pays scant attention to the IT security posture, then organizations might fall prey to unexpected data breach threats.
In the recent past, the pattern of cyber threats is witnessing a high level of sophistication, which is driving organizations to re-architect their security posture into a Zero Trust security framework. ‘Zero Trust’ in the MSP environment is “most-required” because this is more of a data-centric security approach rather than just a conventional IT security approach which focuses only on network security. It helps the organization to refrain from assuming the trustworthiness of the user, rather it analyzes the behavioural risks of the user from information gathered.
The major security challenge, while managing data in the MSP environment lies with the uncontrolled and unmonitored access to privileged accounts. Since organizations are bound to share the privileged account details and confidential information with the third-party, the entire infrastructure becomes vulnerable to unauthorized access.
ARCON | Privileged Access Management (PAM) is a comprehensive solution that reinforces the data security in MSP environment. Deploying PAM helps in maintaining a unified policy engine through which all the privileged activities are routed through. It keeps a vigilant eye on the privileged users in the MSP environment by governing all privileged activities through rule and role-based policies. Besides, it provides the deepest form of granular level control to control and restrict unauthorized users in the network. Robust password vaulting helps the administrator to change and randomize the privileged passwords frequently in a highly secured electronic vault. Above all, ARCON | PAM’s AI and ML capabilities elevate the level of security much higher and deeper.
To sum up, ARCON | PAM offers these benefits to maintain data security in MSP environment:
- Centralized administration of all privileged activities
- Session recording and threat analysis on the dashboard
- Single sign-on access to all underlying devices and ensures administrative efficiency
- Granular level control that restricts and elevates commands to control critical activities on target devices
- Mitigation of threats arising from unauthorized access in critical systems with multi-factor authentication which includes adaptive authentication
- Monitoring of every privileged session with detection and suspension of suspicious privileged sessions with real-time alerts
- Comprehensive reports for all privileged sessions to fulfill audit and regulatory requirements via Audit Trails
- Frequent rotation of privileged access credentials of all privileged users
ARCON is a leading enterprise risk control solutions provider, specializing in risk-predictive technologies. ARCON | User Behaviour Analytics enables to monitor end-user activities in real-time. ARCON | Privileged Access Management reinforces access control and mitigates data breach threats. ARCON | Secure Compliance Management is a vulnerability assessment tool.