Online Payment Platform
A leading online payment platform secures privileged access by deploying ARCON Privileged Access Management (PAM)
(Name withheld on request for confidentiality purpose)
This is a case study of India’s leading digital wallet company. With more than 200 million registered users as of today, the online payment company has been transforming payment methods in India with a mission to bring half a billion Indians to the mainstream economy by enabling countrymen to make digital payments and become part of financial inclusion.
Number of Privileged Accounts: 32 (Windows servers 15, UNIX based 11 and Network & Security 6)
Number of Devices: Approximately 290
Number of Privileged Users: About 70+
- Management of two datacenter environments located in two different cities with devices evenly distributed
- Unmonitored and uncontrolled privileged activities as the operation team used to access servers using Named IDs and Service IDs
- The client had Mac users. It was vital that employees with MacBook were able to access devices through ARCON PAM
- No session monitoring (Absence of video logs )
- No mechanism for password management
After a thorough IT architecture mapping, ARCON implementation team suggested a role-based generic IDs. Earlier, operation team used Service IDs and Named IDs with high privileges for connecting todevices. After deployment of ARCON PAM, remote access to these highly elevated identities were removed. ARCON PAM enabled the operations team to access devices only through mapped role-based, time-based, and group-based privileged IDs thanks to Granular Access Control feature. The solution also provided password vaulting that ensured compliance with strength and frequency of password change requirements demanded by regulator in a seamless manner.
Additional Value Adds:
- The solution enabled the end users using several operating systems like Windows, Ubuntu, UNIX and MAC to easily access the target devices
- It allowed secure privileged access to an entire network of security devices, windows servers and UNIX systems
- The solution enabled the client to capture comprehensive audit trails and session recordings to ensure that all activities are tracked in a real-time
ARCON is a leading enterprise risk control solutions provider, specializing in risk-predictive technologies. ARCON | User Behavior Analytics enables to monitor end-user activities in real time. ARCON | Privileged Access Management reinforces access control and mitigates data breach threats. ARCON | Secure Compliance Management is a vulnerability assessment tool.
Need a solution for safeguarding critical IT assets? Please contact us