Privileged Access Management
PROTECTING YOUR DATA & PRIVACY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
ARCON is proud to be recognized in the
2021 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Privileged Access Management report.
Privileged Access Management (PAM) is one of the most important areas in Information Security. As the term suggests, privileged access is granted to privileged users. The privileged users have elevated access rights to business-critical applications, databases, cloud-resources, DevOps, CI/CDs environments among other highly sensitive data-assets.
Thus, managing, monitoring and controlling the privileged access is extremely important. Misuse or abuse of trusted privileges is one of the biggest sources of data breaches and abuse of sensitive information.
A robust privileged access management is essential to thwart insider threats, third-party risks and advanced cyber-attacks. Privileged Access Management practice helps to ensure that any unauthorized access to target systems is denied.
Besides, Privileged Access Management is essential from the compliance perspective. A host of IT standards such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27001, and regulations (GDPR) among many other local regulations as mandated by governments and central banks explicitly ask for role and rule-based access, Multi-factor authentication (MFA), password vaulting, etc. to protect data. The solution offers all the necessary safeguards.
However, the level of complexities in managing privileged users is increasing; so is the level of the privileged access control. Many global organizations have distributed datacentre environments. More and more organizations are adopting cloud-computing. IT developers have privileges to access DevOps tool chains. Furthermore, the pandemic and its implications have meant that most of the workforce access systems remotely.
All these use-cases have necessitated granular control over privileged users along with a strong validation mechanism. Against this backdrop and the proliferation of privileged users, a robust Privileged Access Management is a must to ensure authorized and controlled access to systems.
ARCON | PAM provides the capability to address an enterprise’s privileged access use-case challenges
Built to address the evolving privileged access use-case challenges, ARCON | PAM offers best-in-class access control features. A feature-rich solution, ARCON | PAM offers an IT security team with the deepest level of granular controls and Just-in-time (JIT) privileged access to enforce the principle of least privilege in any IT environment.
Trusted by more than 1000 global organizations, spanning wide-ranging industries, the enterprise-grade solution offers a best-fit architecture to ensure scalability, IT efficiency and privileged access security including compliance.
ARCON | PAM the best-fit architecture
On-prem data center environment
- Manages, monitors and controls privileged accounts seamlessly
- Ensures secure access to target systems and applications
- Randomizes and changes passwords frequently to overcome the threats arising from shared credentials
- Secures on-prem data by monitoring every privileged session on a real-time time basis
- Runs seamlessly in Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems
Distributed data center environment
- Offers a centralized policy framework
- Ensures each and every access to systems from anywhere is through one single console, ARCON | PAM
- Provides a rule and role-based access control to all target systems
- Implements deepest levels of granular level control over privileged accounts
- Strengthens authentication mechanism with Multi-factor validation and password vaulting
- Offers multi-factor authentication including adaptive authentication for secure access to cloud-based applications, management consoles and virtual machines
- Implements access only on ‘need-to-know’ and ‘need-to-do’ principle
- Provides robust password vaulting along with frequent rotation and randomization of privileged credentials
- Builds unified access control and governance framework to monitor privileged identities
- Tracks and records session logs of all administrative activities in video and text format
- Offers a centralized policy to manage the access control mechanism of all IT operational segments
- EImplements principle of least privilege which ensures limited privileged accounts to manage IT operations on-prem and cloudnsures secure access to target systems and applications
- Ensures robust password vaulting where the privileged passwords are frequently randomized and rotated
- Monitors every privileged session in real-time and generates report for regular IT audit
- Provides just-in-time privileges to restrict unnecessary escalation of privileged accounts
- Ensures controlled access and protect scripts and other embedded secrets throughout the DevOps pipeline
- Manages credentials used by applications, container platforms, automation tools and other non-human identities
- Tackles and non-human access to CI/ CD consoles
- Leverages native application attributes and role-based access controls to authenticate applications and containers
- Accelerates ARCON | PAM implementation/ deployment through containerization
Fine-Grained Access Control
Implement privileged access practice on ‘need-to-know’ and ‘need-to-do basis’
Automate and secure password changing process and frequently randomize privileged passwords
Spot threats and mitigate risks on real-time basis to secure privileged access environment
Reduce the threat surface by removing standing privileges to systems and applications
Securely allow one-time access to critical systems without sharing privileged credentials
A complete audit trail of privileged activities, reports and analytical tools capture the outputs and improve decision making
Implement a robust validation mechanism to deny unauthorized access
Recent Case Study
Our client, a government unit, develops mission-critical applications and software for the core IT functions of its parent company. Some of the functions supported by our client include: procurement services, transportation, freight forwarding among others – across the length and breadth of the country.