As insider threats and cyberattacks become increasingly sophisticated and devastating due to illegitimate privileged access, organizations are adopting stringent IT security policies and practices to ensure the security of privilege accounts. A robust Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution, hence, has become a burning topic of boardroom discussion, especially after the global pandemic raised new security concerns. A recent survey unveiled that 72% of global organizations agree that the security of privileged identities is an area of concern. ARCON, in an exclusive webinar “The ‘Privilege’ is all Yours” on 7th October 2020, emphasized on why end-to-end security of the privileged identities is need of the hour and how it can be attained and maintained.
Why should your organization invest in ARCON | PAM on priority?
Mr. Anil Bhandari, Chief Mentor of ARCON, took us through an exclusive session with a detailed presentation of why and how Privileged Access security tops the list of IT security across the globe. The session not only offered ways to identify vulnerabilities in privileged access environments but also discussed how these can be overcome. Essentially, if organizations are mindful of important components required for robust privileged access management then securing privileged access could be a cakewalk.
- Managing Privileged IDs: Who are the privileged users? In any organization, database administrators, system administrators, data center managers, application developers, IT security officers, IT auditors among many other forms of admins are the privileged users who are responsible for sensitive data management and administrative tasks. Hence it is imperative that organizations must put all the security mechanisms in place to protect the privileged identities. These IDs provide complete control of the system. Attackers always try to gain access to these Ids to compromise confidential business information. Therefore, onboarding privileged users, user administration, governance and privileged accounts discovery should be a part of the overall Identity and Access Management practice.
- Reinforcing security layers to mitigate data breach threat: Almost 71% of organizations surveyed suffered unusual activities in the IT ecosystem and data breach attempts. Till today data breaches or data breach attempts have posed as a major cyber risk globally. While we go digital, it becomes imperative that we secure our data assets with protective layers like credentials vaulting, authorization and real-time analytics of privileged sessions for safeguarding systems.
- Fortifying Remote Access: Remote work condition is the ‘new normal’ globally. While organizations are practicing WFH (Work From Home) culture, security has become a top priority for all. To mitigate malicious insiders and compromised third parties in remote environments, a rule and role-based access policies with deep levels of granular control and session monitoring is highly advisable.
- End-point user analytics amid too many devices: The number of devices is exploding due to an increasing pace of SaaS/cloud computing. Amid the pandemic, 15 billion devices have been duplicated and the number is expected to reach 50 billion in the next few years. Hence, the global IT community must shift its focus from device-centric security to user behaviour-based security because the time is not far when restrictive access to devices might turn into a herculean task.
- Effectively controlling cloud & hybrid Infrastructure: Today 47% of global organizations manage and store their data on the cloud, third-party servers or hybrid environments that expand the threat surface. Both on-prem and cloud infrastructure today are prone to cyber threats. Multi-Factor authentication, password vaulting and centralized policy to control and manage virtual machines and cloud resources are critical components to secure cloud and hybrid infrastructure.
- Just-in-time privileges to support password-less approach: Access control mechanisms like Biometrics, OTP (SMS/ email), facial recognition, mobile soft token are being increasingly adopted to mitigate passwords related threats. However, to ensure secure virtual access, ARCON recommends the Just-In-Time privilege approach, a robust security practice that ensures that the right person is accessing the right systems at the right time for the right purpose.
“The ‘Privilege’ is all Yours” webinar ended with a note where Mr. Anil Bhandari invited all the global thought leaders to participate in ARCON’s exclusive platform ‘Mindshare’, an IT security discussion platform. For the past two years, ARCON has been brainstorming ongoing IT challenges with prominent IT security heads and finding out how to address emerging use case challenges.
ARCON is a leading enterprise risk control solutions provider, specializing in risk-predictive technologies. ARCON | User Behaviour Analytics enables to monitor end-user activities in real time. ARCON | Privileged Access Management reinforces access control and mitigates data breach threats. ARCON | Secure Compliance Management is a vulnerability assessment tool.